Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A Christmas Tablescape:

This was the first year Phillip and I celebrated Christmas as a married couple and it was perfect! We are both from the same small town, which makes Christmas much easier because we are able to celebrate with both of our families. To join our families and our traditions together, we all shared in a beautiful Christmas Dinner. In total all of our grandparents were there, both of our parents, and almost all the siblings with their significant others. We were only missing one brother and his wife!  

My Mother-in-Law asked me to decorate the table (after raising 3 boys she doesn't do much decorating). I ,of course, jumped at the request! I love any kind of decorating! So I shopped around my parents house christmas morning finding candles from the wedding, pine cones from an old project, and a few gold ornaments off the tree! 

After getting married in August, my mother has the best collection of odds and in. We have tea lights, lanterns, a plethora of candles, burlap everything, ribbon... the list could go on! So I took a trip to the wedding headquarters (our family garage) and picked up the rest of the decorations. I did a mock-up on poly-vore of items you would need to recreate the look:

Christmas Tablescape
I love that this tablescape is traditional, but not green and red. Like I mentioned when decorating my Christmas tree,  show your personality and use what you have and love. We love burlap (they do say it is the new velvet), it might just be a phase, but burlap is so natural and rustic. It brings a casual comfort to the table. My Mother-in-Law had the green glasses and they were the perfect touch of color! Here is the final table:

I hope your Christmas was filled with family, love, and many blessings!


With Love,

Katie M. 



No comments:

Post a Comment