Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Explore Home:


It was an unusually warm and beautiful Saturday this past weekend in Tallahassee and Phillip and I took full advantage of it. Phillip and I both have desk jobs, so any opportunity to be outside - we take it. 

We decided to explore Mclay Gardens, a State Park, located in our area. It is a natural gem with biking/walking/riding trials, wildlife, and a lake. We did the 3 mile loop around the lake and ate lunch at the park, it was great exercise and such an enjoyable afternoon date!




While both Phillip and I have lived in Tallahassee for awhile now, we have never taken advantage of the State Park's natural habitat (even many of my local friends mentioned they haven't explored the trails of Mclay). It got me thinking about everything our area has to offer, and how we get stuck in a routine for dates and weekend plans. It's like growing up at the beach, you forget you live in paradise  (now that I have moved away, I only dream of that luxury). Like they say, "you never know what you have until it's gone"! So my goal is to enjoy Tallahassee and all it has to offer and I encourage everyone to find those hidden gems in your area! Just get out and explore.


Some Places to Explore at Home:

1. Museums - they are always changing! You go to museums on vacation, so why not at home too?

2. Local restaurants - support local shops!

3. Your Capital - I haven't been since 4th grade and I drive by it almost every day!

4. Parks - try recreational parks or state parks 

5. Your backyard - who knows what's back there!

6. Small towns in your area - we love the small towns surrounding our area, they are quaint and offer a quick "get-away",  new shops, and lots to explore.

So break out of your routine and try something new in your area! 


With Love, 
Katie M. 



Here are a few more pictures from our local adventure:


The Wildlife:
Red bird! (Blow a kiss, Make a wish!)

Ok so we didn't see any gators, but we did see a lot of squirrels!

No comments:

Post a Comment