Sunday, January 6, 2013

All in the Name:


I never really explained how "Southern Refresh" came to be, and the start of the new year seems like the perfect time to explain:

Southern: The majority of my life has been spent in the South; it is my comfort zone, my style, my life. The way of life in the South, is the life I love. People are friendly, hospitable, and God centered, Saturdays are reserved for college football and Sundays are for God and good cooking. What could be better?

So that part of the name was easy, but then what to put with Southern? A lot of my first thoughts were already taken, so I began to think outside the box and the word "Refresh" came to mind. I immediately looked up the word and this is what the Webster dictionary said:

Refreshto restore strength and animation to : revive; to freshen up : renovate; to restore or maintain by renewing supply : replenish.


It was perfect! I love to revive old fashions (see here), I am always renovating my home, and I am always seeking replenish my soul through God, friends, and family.

Put the two together and so began Southern Refresh; it is the perfect blog name for me!  To those who read this blog,  I hope you enjoy reading Southern Refresh as much as I like writing it. 


Happy Sunday! 

PS- We had a great weekend with one of my best friends and can't wait to share this week! 


With Love, 
Katie M. 

No comments:

Post a Comment