Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sewing Sunday:


I have recently become interested in sewing.  My mom has sewn for many years and I have finally decided to learn the skill for myself.  When I was young my mom made me dresses and Halloween costumes, and as I grew up those costume request turned into new pillow shams and curtain projects. Now that I have my own house, the list of possible sewing projects is endless! Time to learn for myself.

I always wonder how people learn to sew,whether by classes, family tradition, or by simple trial and error. I will be doing a mix of the listed, but mostly trial and error with a lot of calls to my mom.  I have decided to dedicate some Sunday posts to new projects I am attempting...whether they be good or bad. 

My first project was an infinity scarf; I have to say it turned out great! I chose a simple black material so my seams wouldn't matter if they didn't line up.  I found a tutorial via Pinterest (at Shrimp Salad Circus); the tutorial was very helpful with great pictures and directions.This is how it turned out:
I only had to use my seam ripper one time :). It was a great first project for beginners. Here is a quick picture of my sewing station! Seems like the perfect nook to be creative and I don't have to put my sewing machine away after each project.

I have "pinned" a few more sewing projects and I currently have another project in the works that I will post about next week!  You can check out my inspiration and other tutorials via my "Sewing Projects" board on Pinterest! 

With Love,
Katie M.


No comments:

Post a Comment